9am – 4pm, Kulkul Farm, Bali
“Sustainable agriculture is our ability to build soil fertility as we improve production and reduce cost and labour.”
This 5 day intensive will help you grow more with less while increasing soil fertility. It will include lectures that demystify the science of soil fertility, as well as workshops that teach you how to make good compost, brew liquid fertilizer, and prepare probiotic compost-tea. It will teach you how to take an integrated approach to soil fertility and help you grow more nutritious veggies in your garden.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to grow food with less effort and less cost
- How to repair degraded soils
- How to create ‘smells good compost’
- Understand the interrelationship of soil life and plant nutrients
- How to make your own organic fertilizers
- Essential knowledge for restoring soil vitality
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is for anyone that is interested in growing food almost anywhere, from a city or a backyard garden, to a large scale farm or a hotel. It is suitable for:
- Anyone interested in growing nutrient packed food
- Home gardeners or want-to-be home gardeners
- Landscape professionals and consultants
- Hotel managers and owners looking to create hotel veggie gardens
- Restaurant managers and chefs wanting better quality veggies
- Those involved in community gardens
- Organic food producers looking to lower inputs
WHERE YOU WILL STAY
You can choose between our campsite and our bamboo bunkhouse. If you require private and comfortable accommodation please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best in assisting you to find nearby accommodation. People who live here in Bali may choose to commute from their residence.
MORE ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Paul Taylor has owned and operated more than a dozen organic properties and is a 3rd generation organic food farmer and horticulturist, he is the managing director of Trust Nature Pty Ltd and the Co-founder of Hidden Garden Sustainable Farms. Paul is an energetic and engaging teacher with a gift to give you the practical skill and knowledge for growing organic food almost anywhere. His teaching and consulting has taken him from India to Outer Mongolia, from the USA to Australia, from greenhouses in Saudi Arabia to the wilderness of New Zealand. His courses are dynamic, fun, hands on and full of knowledge.
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE FEE
Your course ticket includes basic camping all meals, tours, materials and a range of take-home resources to help you integrate what you’ve learnt back home.