8th – 12th March 2017, Bermagui NSW
At The Crossing – Land Care and Education Centre
With Teacher and World Class Soil Fertility Authority Paul Taylor
Using Trust Nature’s Bio-Vital ™ System
There is a new frontier of agriculture and land management that redefines sustainable agriculture as “our ability to build soil fertility as we improve production and reduce labor and input cost”.
Structured in complimentary theory and hands-on learning, the course delivers:
- 2 days of ‘Permaculture Essentials’ for farmers and gardeners discussing appropriate design principles for this unique area.
- 3 days of Sustainable Soil Management as a Biological Farming Intensive, based on Trust Nature’s world famous Biovital System, where we take the mystery out of soil microbiology and plant nutrition and use agriculture to rebuild degraded soils while we improve fertility, production and animal health. Learn the essentials of how to reduce on-farm expenses while improving the environment, so we can realistically meet the goals of low cost sustainable agriculture.
Note: The course is flexible – you can do a minimum of any 2 days or the full 5 day course.
Who should attend:
- Anyone interested in building soil fertility, recovering degraded soils and saving input costs
- Anyone involved with environmental management
- Farmers and farm managers
- Gardeners and horticulturalist
- Local council managers
- Land reclamation and reforestation groups
- Soil consultants, composting consultants and agronomists
- Permaculturists and Permaculture consultants
About the Teacher:
Paul Taylor has owned and operated more than a dozen organic properties and is a 3rd generation organic farmer, horticulturist and soil fertility specialist. He is the managing director of Trust Nature Pty Ltd and the Co-founder of Hidden Garden Sustainable Farms
He has developed the Bio-Vital System of biological soil management as a practical, easy to understand, easy to apply soil recovery and food production system.
Paul is an energetic and engaging teacher with a gift to give you the practical skills and knowledge for growing organic food profitably almost anywhere. His teaching and consulting have taken him from India to Outer Mongolia, from the USA to Australia, from greenhouses in Saudi Arabia to the wilderness of New Zealand.
His courses are dynamic, fun, hands-on and full of knowledge, where you learn management skills and principles that apply to backyard gardens, greenhouses, the broad acre farm and for any soil regeneration project.
Paul is an approved Australian Federal Government educator under the FarmReady Program, holds a Certificate IV in training and assessment, and has specialist training in soil microbiology. He is a Permaculture Consultant with the Permaculture Research Institute, and has worked as an educator, designer, trainer and biological soil consultant for the past 20 years.
The five day course will be held at THE CROSSING Land Education Trust, a not-for-profit, environmental education camp, on the edge of farmland, river and forest, 6 kilometers (12 minutes) west of the Bermagui township.
Catered accommodation in a stunningly memorable environment is available overnight or for the week from The Crossing:
Note: This is a hands-on course and is flexible – you can do any 2 days or the full 5-day course
Course times: 9am to 4pm (1 hr lunch)
Course Fee- $750 (5 days) or $300 for any two days
EARLY BIRD – $650 (if booked before Saturday 25th February)
Includes morning tea, hot lunch and afternoon tea
Places are limited.
Contact: Should you have any questions about this course, please call Paul direct on 0408 66 2468 or just drop us an email at email@example.com